05 February, 2010

I'm kind of lacking in the new posts, and I apologize for that. I've been crocheting a couple new projects, trying to save money, wishing I had batteries for my camera, working on my Resolution List, and selling a couple things on etsy.

Oh, what's that you say? Selling things on etsy? Has it finally happened?! Yes, I have finally had two sales on etsy and it makes me SUPER excited. I'm sure you don't really care about my minor success, but I'm going to share anyways.

The first item I sold was my "I Love You" painting and apparently it was featured on etsy. I didn't get to see it, but that's what I heard my friends and strangers have told me. It was bought right away, and if I had seen it I would have probably acted like a little school girl (or like every time I see baby animals). My second sale, Dia De Los Muertos Wristlet, was not too long ago. It was yesterday actually. I'm sad to see it go, but I can always sew another one, right?

It means a lot to me that I've finally made some sales on the internet. Yeah, it's silly and it's still scary. I'm trying to reassure myself that the things I make are not stupid. Someone very special to me says that I never give myself enough credit for what I do. Which I know he is right. However, I'm not going to stop doubting myself until I see a little bit more sales and feel some acceptance.

Anyways, I wish I could show you what I've been crocheting, but that probably won't happen until I get my tax refund. I've been trying to save my money by only spending it on things important like gas or envelopes/etsy related things. Recently I did go thrifting with Alycia. I was only going to buy a pair of new dressy flats until.....

Until I saw IT. It was a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye with external flash in its original packaging. One thing that anybody should know about me is that I am an avid camera collector (along with many other things). I'm a photography major so it makes sense that I would be doing such a thing. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect TLR camera, but this was something that wasn't in my collection. This is probably silly, but when it comes to old (and working) cameras I will sacrifice money to own it. It works and it just needs a cleaning! The perfect part about it is that I have the film for it that I've been waiting to use (other than in my Diana+).

Oh, I wish I could show you some pretty pictures, but y'all just have to wait. Hmph. I hope everyone is having a lovely day and, um, watch this:



<3 J.Loo

No comments:

Post a Comment