26 February, 2010

"Caught in a landslide"

Don't you ever get those frustrating moments when you're doing/making something and it's not working out so you have to start all over? I mean, "from step one" all over?

Yeah, I'm experiencing that right now, so I'm taking a break to keep my cool. I'm done with crocheting right now (woo!) and got back into embroidery (double woo!) + sewing (triple woo!). I finally finished one embroidery/sewing project yesterday for a couple of my friends. They'll be receiving it very shortly. I do have to do two more pieces for them, and I don't really know why I'm lollygagging about it.

Though today, I was trying to make a clutch with a snap closure. It's my first time making a clutch and my first time working with snaps. I was trying to do it with my own pattern. I made a couple mistakes and went back to fix them. I made some good progress, until I was almost done assembling it. Then everything was completely screwed up. I was in the midst of taking it apart and possibly starting all over until I scratched myself pretty bad with one of the snap pieces. Those little buggers are not fun to pull apart! I was bleeding everywhere and what not. Don't worry, everything is fine now.

So I have decided that I'm going to scrap the whole thing. I can't just pitch the fabrics and materials though, I would just feel too guilty to (they're still in good condition.) When I go back into my cave and continue watching John Hughes' movies, I'm going to try and make something new with it. Hopefully it will work out this time. I am, however, not looking forward to taking it apart. I hate seam ripping, ugh.

I'll make a completely new clutch and I'll make the sewing process so much easier. I'll re-imagine the steps differently this time. I still need to calm down though. The Muppets singing Queen will cheer me up!



Is anybody making something new and, hopefully, not so frustrating?

<3 J.Loo

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on an art piece... not nearly as frustrating as that but veryyy slow going since I rarely work on it. I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get close to be finished. :D

    ReplyDelete