19 March, 2010

Colourful Fun

I'm just taking a little break from cutting fabric and sewing from my freezing studio/bedroom. At the beginning of the week I learned that my application to vend at a spring craft fair being held in Flint was accepted, so I've been working a lot in the basement, err, I mean... my bedroom. There isn't a lot of natural light nor artificial light downstairs to make me happy like this view I am currently looking at as I type this post right.

I'm extremely excited that the weather has calmed down precipitation-wise and warmed up (as I'm sure most Midwesterners are happy too). I wish I could sew in my backyard, but the ground is not so pleasant. I'm not going into details of how my dogs made the grass stinky. So during this little warming-up-from-freezing break I decided to look up some colourful fun to inspire me. I found this vibrant music video at the We Love You So blog.

Mia Doi Todd "Open Your Heart" dir. Michel Gondry from Viewers Like You on Vimeo.


I've never heard of Mia Doi Todd before viewing this video, and though I don't entirely understand what she is singing I can say that she has a lovely voice. There's a certain magic about this video that made me think "How did they do that? It's almost like computer," but honestly it's just people and different coloured t-shirts. It's simple direction to move, like how cheerleaders guide you at a football game. Though, instead of cheerleaders guiding the rainbow people it's Michel Gondry, so there really isn't much of a surprise that it's creative. I guess there was just some disconnection from what my brain processed and what my eyes saw.

Tell me what you think.

<3 J.Loo

No comments:

Post a Comment