20 April, 2010

Current Obsession: The Soft Pack

Yesterday was a very lovely day and I had the chance to experience it with my friend Kathy. We walked around downtown Birmingham and pretended we could afford everything in the boutiques we stopped in, and we devoured mini cupcakes at the Cupcake Station. I had a bit of a field day with my allergies yesterday, so today I think I'm just going to stay indoors and listen to music while I sew.

Here's what I've been listening to on (sort of) repeat: "Answer To Yourself" by The Soft Pack



Chloe Moretz (from 500 Days of Summer and Kick-Ass) is a little badass, isn't she?

I've only listened to a couple of The Soft Pack's songs, but when I saw this video mash-up (I don't remember where I found it) it got me hooked. I have the album thanks to this kick-butt-ery of a video. I think the lyrics are very smart, and I'm pretty sure any person could like this tune or appreciate it. Or maybe just appreciate the video and find it a little empowering to teach some bullies a lesson. Or maybe to put fireworks in twinkies and have a mega super pistol that shoots beverages.

<3 Jenni Loo

P.S. Today kind of taunts me because it's the day before my birthday. I'm anxious to celebrate! Though today just has to be four-twenty and Hitler's birthday -- which I totally do not endorse. Yay Happy My-Birthday Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment