22 May, 2010

Today was not one of those days

Before I had to wake for work I had a pleasant and slightly weird dream. I may share it later. At work it was exhausting, and when is it not? I, of course, wore shoes I knew would not be the best since I'm always on my feet. A tiring day mentally, and physically on my feet. After work I sit around for an hour to relax. I then choose to leave, because I decided to have plans. Sure, I was alone in the apartment and alone in this town, but I decided to do something for myself.

It wasn't a smart decision to go out and walk around considering my feet were dog tired. I wouldn't drive because I refuse to pay for parking. I couldn't ride a bike because I don't have one. My plan was to go check out two bicycle shops, look for a certain record at two record stores, go to the bank for my hefty deposit, and pick up a delicious samich for dinner. I walked all over Ann Arbor, and this is what I saw:

Three hybrid vehicles.
A man riding a bicycle that I want, but in a woman's version & with hot pink handle bars.
A woman feeding peanuts to a chipmunk.
Two bicycle shops closed before I could arrive.
A mormon recruiter asking me to do a "survey," but really tried to recruit me. I declined.
A bunch of guys in a record store that stared at me and failed to offer me any help.
A lot of nicer records in a different friendlier record shop.
An accordion playing man on the sidewalk of Main St. (As I walked past he played one of the songs from Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain soundtrack. It was like he was playing it just for me as I walked to get my dinner. I smiled so big, and I almost got emotional enough to cry on the spot.)
Quiznos sandwich shop closed early. I had a hankering for one of their toasty subs for dinner.
An older homeless, possibly drug addict, couple walking together obviously in love.
Lots of college kids taking it easy now that the semester is over.

I get back to the apartment with my dogs barking. I mean my feet, not my actual dogs Molly + Berkley. I soak my feet in the tub for ten minutes. I notice how my feet look very similar to my father's except they are significantly tinier. My feet were so swollen. I have serious pain emitting from my tootsies. I eat my sandwich from a different deli shop, and it wasn't as satisfying. I wish I could have had my camera with me, but I'm glad that I didn't. I can't really show those beautiful moments I experienced only because they don't appear thrilling. But because of those beautiful moments I felt beautiful and that's what really matters.

<3 J.Loo

No comments:

Post a Comment