27 October, 2009

Autumn Madness + Last Minute Halloween Preparedness

So there is absolutely no doubt that it is autumn. There are barely any green trees left and it's just an ocean of reds, oranges, yellows, and golds. I don't anticipate the browns though, because soon they leaves will be all gone and then winter comes. I rather loathe Michigan Winters.

Anywho, this past weekend when I was in Ann Arbor I managed to do a number of things (other than just working at the museum). I embroidered on some leaves and my mystery piece, read a book that has been on my reading list for years - The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan, and I went pumpkin hunting! I didn't, however, get to make the Halloween banner for mystery person. Well, mystery person might have figured it out by now, but he they won't know for sure until it's up.

So while I was at Bryan's (my boyfriend) apartment over the weekend, I had much time to entertain myself while I was off from work. He's very busy with school right now and he's trying to get everything situated so then he can graduate at the end of this semester. While he was working on his computer engineering nerdy related business I worked on embroidery. Well, actually I wanted to make a "mystery" banner for "mystery" him, but of course he and his roommate don't have any basic craft supplies. I figured they would have some items so then I wouldn't have to bring any. FAIL.

I embroidered this Wild Things inspired crown:



I think I might make more and possibly turn them into pins/badges/broaches? People might like that, right?

Here's more of the mystery/secret embroidery:



And here's another hint... I don't know if you can see it, but on the right corner it says "iron."

Also, here are a few pictures from pumpkin hunting. Bryan and I went to a Plymouth Orchard & Cidermill, Pumpkin Patch, and Nursery in Plymouth, MI. Most of the cidermills in the area were closed on weekdays, so we had to go to the places we went to last year. There were two school field trips there. It was a little hectic with little ones running around.



<3 J.Loo

P.S. Halloween is coming up and I'm super excited! I'm going to a Zombie Prom and I'm dressing up as a Dia De Los Muertos skeleton. What are you dressing up/doing for the holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment