30 October, 2009

Doodle Dee Doo

So Halloween was fun pretending to be a dead thing. I've never fully painted my face before, and I couldn't help but behave like the cartoon "The Skeleton Dance". I might have scared a little girl, and Bryan thought I looked ugly, but that's Halloween for ya. I'm still waiting for the many photos from Zombie Prom from a friend, but for the curious this is what I looked like at the end of the night:



Other than missing my Halloween costume (totally do not miss washing it off!) and sneak eating my sister's candy, I've been hitting the art of crochet full force. My new task is making a granny square. I think I have it down pat, it just looks a little sloppy. I just have to practice more and soon enough I'll make a blanket. I've been looking at a lot of pictures for some inspiration.

1. I love these colour combinations






2. Plarn a.k.a. plastic yarn






3. Crochet graffiti







4. Blankets






5. Amigurumi







I hope this inspires you a little bit to start crocheting.

<3 J.Loo

2 comments:

  1. simply gorgeous photos, these all aren't perchance of your own living space?! i tried to knit and figured it out but not how to fixie my mistakes. i looooove the idea of knitting or crocheting, but then i realized i'd start hording beautiful beautiful yarn and be relunctant to use it since it looks so pretty on the skein. but really, those granny squares they keep winking at me, granny squares rock. perhaps someday i will learn crochet.

    ReplyDelete