15 February, 2010

My Current Obsession: Kings of Leon

Okie Doke, here is another song that I am currently obsessing over and listening to on repeat. The video is nothing special. I mean it, there is no video. So click play, look at the album cover for a nanosecond, and listen.

Kings of Leon "Knocked Up"



I used to listen to Kings of Leon about six years ago, and I guess I sort of forgot about them. Then out of nowhere they got really popular on the airwaves. Something about that turned me off about listening to the band again. I don't necessarily consider them sell-outs, and I guess it's silly for me to stop listening to them because of their success.

Anywho, it was the movie Whip It that got me loving this tune. Okay, so what does a pregnant girlfriend have to do with roller derby? Absolutely nothing, but a snippet of the song was used in one of the scenes (in the beginning I believe). I rewatched the movie not-too-long ago, and I decided to do some investigating to figure out the rest of the songs that I didn't recognize/are not on the soundtrack.

What I absolutely love about this song is the mood-building gradual crescendos and the contrasting guitar solos. What do you think?

<3 J.Loo

3 comments:

  1. hey, I randomly saw your comment on Skunkboy about how you wished you got more comments soooo I thought I'd check out your blog, and I definitley think you deserve more comments! You have a lot of cute inspiration...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you very much. That is very sweet of you. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that song, it's one of my favorites ever!

    ReplyDelete