12 April, 2011

It's fast approaching!

I'm so excited! My birthday is almost here! Eek! What I love most about it is that I got a lot of my friends excited about it. Me thinks some people really want to party, and by party I mean eat a lot of grilled cheese.

Oh, didn't you know? April is Grilled Cheese Month! April is too awesome. So much is going to happen for a couple of weeks. Well, I planned for so much to happen. Aside from eating grilled cheese I hope to go dancing, bowling, the movie theatre, the zoo, concerts concerts concerts, and a tattoo parlor.

The first event to start off my birthday week is the Iron & Wine concert this Thursday! I'm super excited! Sam Beam performed here two years ago a week before my birthday and I didn't go. I was hesitant because I didn't listen to his album that came out that time, which was "The Shepard's Dog." I love that album now, so it's safe to say that I regretted not going to that show. I haven't listened to his new album "Kiss Each Other Clean," but I am looking forward to the show.

I'm determined to meet Sam Beam after the performance. Why you ask? Well, way back. A long time ago. Before time was time. I started a project inspired by him. I thought I would be clever and keep it a secret with clues and close ups. No one was able to figure it out and I lost some steam working on it. Well, here it is... The answer to what I've been working on.



It's a portrait of Sam Beam! I was listening to a podcast of one of his live performances at some festival and a woman in the crowd shouted out "Sam Beam I want to lick your beard!" I miss heard that as "...live in your beard" and I thought to myself "Yes, yes I would love to live in his beard. It's so cozy looking." So that's what I have been working on. I now have to finish the details in his hair and beard then frame. Take it to the concert and show Sam my love of his beard.



This is the portrait that I was inspired by to embroider. Wish me luck to finish in time! I have to do this in between work and the darkroom/film lab!

xo Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment